Policy Traineeship at Airlines for Europe (A4E)
(Brussels, starting date: end-September 2018)
About Airlines for Europe (A4E):
Launched in 2016, Airlines for Europe (A4E) is Europe’s largest airline association, based in Brussels. The organisation advocates on behalf of its members to help shape EU aviation policy to the benefit of consumers, ensuring a continued safe and competitive air transport market. With more than 635 million passengers carried each year, A4E members account for more than 70 per cent of the continent’s journeys, operating more than 2,800 aircraft and generating more than EUR 100 billion in annual turnover. Current members include: Aegean, airBaltic, Air France-KLM, Cargolux, easyJet, Finnair, Icelandair, International Airlines Group (IAG), Jet2.com, Lufthansa Group, Norwegian, Ryanair, TAP Air Portugal, Travel Service and Volotea, with plans to grow further. More at www.a4e.eu
Airlines for Europe (A4E) is looking for a talented and enthusiastic trainee to join our team in Brussels for a policy traineeship (minimum 6 months) starting on 24 September 2018.
- Assist Policy Directors in implementing A4E campaigns
- Help to prepare, participate and assist in association meetings
- Support A4E initiatives looking into the impact of the airline industry on European economies
- Conduct background research on relevant dossiers
- Monitor political and policy developments in Brussels affecting the transport sector
- An academic background in international relations/European affairs, economics or political science (or similar), and you are currently enrolled in or have just graduated from a Master’s degree
- A passion for, and knowledge of, the EU, its processes and policies
- A strong interest in aviation and the airline industry as well as in government affairs
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to develop a personal network in Brussels
- Oral & written fluency in English and in at least one other European language (French and/or German considered a plus)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Flexibility to multi-task, ability to perform under tight deadlines and a hands-on mentality
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment
- Experience in event management (considered a plus)
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in Brussels at the interface between industry and politics
- Insights into the aviation world and in particular the airline business
- Challenging, high-profile traineeship in a stimulating environment
- Monthly remuneration
If you match the above-mentioned criteria, please apply by sending your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com. Please mention in the subject line “A4E Policy Traineeship”.
Please also indicate in your email if you consent to A4E processing your personal data for the purpose of this application and until this position is filled.
The deadline for your application is 17 August 2017.
A4E is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only contact short-listed candidates.