Policy Traineeship at Airlines for Europe (A4E)
(Brussels, starting date: mid-March 2019)
About Airlines for Europe (A4E):
Launched in 2016, Airlines for Europe (A4E) is Europe’s largest airline association, based in Brussels. The organisation advocates on behalf of its members to help shape EU aviation policy to the benefit of consumers, ensuring a continued safe and competitive air transport market. With more than 635 million passengers carried each year, A4E members account for more than 70 per cent of the continent’s journeys, operating more than 2,900 aircraft and generating more than EUR 110 billion in annual turnover. Members with air cargo and mail activities transport more than 5 million tons of goods each year to more than 360 destinations either by freighters or passenger aircraft. Current members include: Aegean, airBaltic, Air France-KLM, Cargolux, easyJet, Finnair, Icelandair, International Airlines Group (IAG), Jet2.com, Lufthansa Group, Norwegian, Ryanair, TAP Portugal, Travel Service and Volotea. More at www.a4e.eu.
Airlines for Europe (A4E) is looking for a talented and enthusiastic trainee to join our team in Brussels for a policy traineeship (minimum 6 months) starting mid-March 2019.
Deadline for application: 08 February 2019, 12:00 GMT
Please note that applications received passed the above deadline will not be considered
- Assist Policy Directors in implementing A4E campaigns
- Help to prepare, participate and assist in association meetings
- Support A4E initiatives looking into the impact of the airline industry on European economies and mobility
- Conduct background research on relevant dossiers
- Monitor political and policy developments in Brussels affecting the transport sector
- An academic background in international relations/European affairs, economics or political science (or similar), and you are currently enrolled in or have just graduated from a Master’s degree
- A passion for, and knowledge of, the EU, its processes and policies
- A strong interest in aviation and the airline industry as well as in government affairs
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to develop a personal network in Brussels
- Verbal & written fluency in English, and knowledge of at least one other European language (French and/or German considered a plus)
- Flexibility to multi-task, ability to perform under tight deadlines and a hands-on mentality
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment
- Experience in event management (considered a plus)
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in Brussels at the interface between industry and politics
- Insights into the aviation world and in particular the airline business
- A challenging, high-profile full-time work experience in a stimulating environment
If you match the above-mentioned criteria, please apply by sending your CV and a brief explanation of your interest in this position (max. 150 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention in the subject line “A4E Policy Traineeship Spring-Summer 2019”.
Please also indicate in your email if you consent to A4E processing your personal data for the purpose of this application and until this position is filled.
A4E is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only contact short-listed candidates.