Expected start date: October 2023
Duration: 6 months
Deadline for applications: 25 September 2023
Airlines for Europe (A4E) is looking for a talented and enthusiastic trainee to join our team in Brussels for a full-time policy traineeship starting in October.
Airlines for Europe (A4E) is Europe’s largest airline association, based in Brussels. A4E works with policymakers to ensure aviation policy continues to connect Europeans with the world in a safe, competitive, and sustainable manner. As a key initiator of the aviation industry’s Destination 2050 roadmap, A4E and its members are committed to achieving Net Zero carbon emissions for their operations by 2050. With a modern fleet of over 3,200 aircraft, A4E airlines carried 270 million passengers in 2021 – down from 700 million in 2019 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Each year, A4E members with air cargo and mail activities transport more than 3.7 million tons of
goods, life-saving vaccines, and essential medical equipment to more than 360 destinations either by freighters or passenger aircraft. Learn more about A4E on our website and follow us on Twitter @A4Europe.
• Assist A4E’s policy team in planning and implementing A4E campaigns
• Help to prepare, assist and participate in association meetings and events
• Support A4E initiatives assessing the impact of the European airline industry on mobility, the environment
and the economy
• Conduct background research and prepare analysis on relevant policy dossiers
• Monitor political and policy developments in Brussels affecting the transport sector
• An academic background in European affairs, politics, international relations, law, economics or similar,
and you are currently enrolled in or have just graduated from a Master’s degree program
• General knowledge of the EU, its processes and policies
• A strong interest in aviation and the airline industry as well as in government affairs
• Solid communication skills and a desire to develop a personal network in Brussels
• Verbal & written fluency in English, and knowledge of at least one other European language (French,
German or Spanish is considered a plus)
• The ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, adapt to changing demands, and a hands-on mentality
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment
• Some relevant experience in event management (considered a plus)
What we offer:
• The opportunity to work in Brussels at the interface between industry and politics
• Flexible Brussels-based teleworking policy
• Insights into the aviation world and in particular the airline business
• A challenging, high-profile work experience in a stimulating and multicultural environment
• A 6-month paid traineeship that provides a good platform for embarking on a career in EU affairs
If you believe you fit this description, please send your CV and a cover letter (max. 1 page) to email@example.com. Please mention in the subject line “A4E Policy Traineeship H2 2023”.
Please indicate in your email if you consent to A4E processing your personal data for the purpose of this application and until this position is filled.
Note that we will not be able to consider applications received after the deadline.
A4E is an equal-opportunity employer.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only contact short-listed candidates.