Start date: 24 or 31 August 2020
Duration: 6 months
Deadline for applications: Monday 29 June 2020
Airlines for Europe (A4E) is looking for a talented and enthusiastic trainee to join our team in Brussels for a policy traineeship starting in late August 2020.
Launched in 2016, Airlines for Europe (A4E) is Europe’s largest airline association, based in Brussels. The organisation advocates on behalf of its members to help shape EU aviation policy to the benefit of consumers, ensuring a continued safe and competitive air transport market. With more than 720 million passengers carried each year, A4E members account for more than 70 per cent of the continent’s journeys, operating more than 3,000 aircraft and generating more than EUR 130 billion in annual turnover. Members with air cargo and mail activities transport more than 5 million tons of goods each year to more than 360 destinations either by freighters or passenger aircraft. Current members include Aegean, airBaltic, Air France-KLM, Cargolux, easyJet, Finnair, Icelandair, International Airlines Group (IAG), Jet2.com, Lufthansa Group, Norwegian, Ryanair, Smartwings, TAP Air Portugal, TUI and Volotea. In 2019, A4E was named “Airline & Aviation Business Development Organisation of the Year” by International Transport News. Follow us on Twitter @A4Europe.
• Assist A4E’s Policy Directors in implementing A4E campaigns
• Help to prepare, participate and assist in association meetings and events
• Support A4E initiatives assessing the impact of the European airline industry on the economy, mobility and the environment
• Conduct background research on relevant dossiers
• Monitor political and policy developments in Brussels affecting the transport sector
• An academic background in international relations/European affairs, economics or political science (or similar), and you are currently enrolled in or have just graduated from a Master’s degree programme
• Knowledge of the EU, its processes and policies
• A strong interest in aviation and the airline industry as well as in government affairs
• Excellent communication skills and a desire to develop a personal network in Brussels
• Verbal & written fluency in English, and knowledge of at least one other European language (French or German considered a plus)
• The ability to multi-task, perform under tight deadlines, adapt to changing demands, and a hands-on mentality
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment
• Some relevant experience in event management (considered a plus)
What we offer
• The opportunity to work in Brussels at the interface between industry and politics
• Insights into the aviation world and in particular the airline business
• A challenging, high-profile full-time work experience in a stimulating and multicultural environment
If you believe you fit this description, please send your CV and a brief explanation of your interest in this position (max. 300 words) to email@example.com. Please mention in the subject line “A4E Policy Traineeship Autumn-Winter 2020”.
Please also indicate in your email if you consent to A4E processing your personal data for the purpose of this application and until this position is filled. Please also note that any applications received after the deadline of 29 June 2020 will not be considered.
A4E is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only contact short-listed candidates.